A Fidelity Test is a psycho-physiological veracity (PV) examination using a polygraph instrument to determine whether or not one party in a relationship has been faithful to their partner during a specific period of time determined prior to the examination.
PREPARING FOR THE POLYGRAPH EXAMINATION
Prior to the appointment, our examiner will speak with one or both parties separately to understand and determine the issues to be covered during the examination. The examination may last anywhere from 90 minutes to three hours. We do not recommend that both parties be present in our offices at the time of the examination. (This issue will be discussed and explained to you prior to your appointment.)
It is our opinion that the use of a polygraph test as a sole means to resolve trust issues in a relationship may not be the most appropriate way to resolve these issues. We believe fidelity testing is most effectively used as a compliment to therapy and counseling.
HOW IT WORKS
The requesting party is interviewed to determine their issues and the time-frame for the examination. At the appointment, those agreed upon issues are then discussed during the interview with the party to be examined. Questions are then prepared relevant to the agreed upon issues and discussion with the person to be tested.
During the actual examination, only the person being tested may be in the examination room. No remote viewing or listening is allowed by the requesting party. At the conclusion of the test, results are immediately provided to the person being tested. A written report is then immediately provided to the requesting party or counselor if applicable.
These examinations are designed for individuals in committed relationships where honesty has been jeopardized by fear or anxiety from one or both parties. These examinations may be used to assist in clearing up misconceptions concerning fidelity and credibility involving history and behavior in a relationship.
WHAT A POLYGRAPH TEST CAN TELL YOU ABOUT YOUR PARTNER
The test can/should tell you whether your partner has engaged in any of the following activities:
- Sexual intercourse, including vaginal and anal sex
- Oral sex
- Mutual masturbation
- Frotteurism (brushing up against or hugging someone for sexual gratification)
- Pornography, x-rated movies, internet, porn magazines
- Voyeurism / peeping
- Kissing or petting
- Phone sex or internet sex or sexting
- Visited strip clubs, topless bars, massage parlors or nude modeling
- Homosexual / lesbian activity
- Sexual or Erotic Fetishism
- Engaged in sexual activity as a result of having used drugs or alcohol
WHAT A POLYGRAPH TEST CANNOT TELL YOU ABOUT YOUR PARTNER
- Does my partner love me?
- Does my partner fantasize about my best friend?
- Does my partner want to stay married forever?
- Does my partner plan to stay with me?
- Is my partner attracted to someone else?
- Has my partner ever lied to me?
- Has my partner ever cheated in a prior relationship?
A fidelity polygraph examination can only determine a person’s physical actions, not their thoughts or fantasies.